[Scilab-users] Scilab

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Tue Aug 26 11:27:14 CEST 2014

Hello Gcinumuzi,

Le samedi 16 août 2014 à 16:33 +0200, Gcinumuzi Ngwenya a écrit :
> Good Afternoon ladies and gentlemen
>
> My name is Gcinumuzi Ngwenya from South Africa. I am doing my BTech in
> Chemical Engineering and right now we have been introduced to Scilab
> but I am really struggling at the moment. Can you guys please help me
> with this two questions?

Yep I will !

> 1. I have been plotting a transfer function graph on scilab and I see
> that on the x-axis it starts at 1 and end up on the value which I
> entered for final integration time, what informs scilab or the graph
> to start at 1, or what is the reason for it to start at 1? I got this
> graph when I was doing an example for the beginners on scilab website

In fact the simulation start at t=0 however the "0" x axis label is not
displayed on the plot. To confirm, just zoom in at the start of the
plot.

> 2. what is meant by buffer size on the simulation/setup menu ?

I assume you are asking about the buffer size of a scope ; This is kind
of an optimization setting which was used before Scilab 5.4.0. Due to
the graphic re-implementation (5.4 and later) I do not see any visible
effect anymore.

> 3. is there a document that can explain to me the function of each
> palette on xcos?

The palettes and each block should be documented on the Scilab help.

> Thanking you in advance for your assistance
>
> Best Regards
>
> Gcinumuzi

Regards,

--