[Scilab-users] Scilab 5.5.0 error 17 on startup

simon bedert simon.bedert at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 08:24:22 CEST 2014

Dear Scilab Users,

Yesterday, I installed and worked with Scilab 5.5.0 on my office computer.
Coming back today (office PC has hibernated through the night), I get the
following error every time I start up Scilab, even after a reboot:

Warning !!!
Scilab has found a critical error (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
with "predef" function.
Save your data and restart Scilab.
return
 !--error 17
stack size exceeded!
Use stacksize function to increase it.
Memory used for variables: 105
Intermediate memory needed: 179903
Total memory available: 180006
at line    **** of function  called by :
endfunction
at line      42 of exec file called by :
exec('SCI/etc/scilab.start',-1);;

 I'm running Scilab on a PC with an Intel Xeon E5530 CPU (2.4 GHz), with 4
GB RAM and windows 7 64 bit operating system, so I do not expect
performance to be the issue.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Simon Bedert