[Scilab-users] Pairwise distance of a huge amount of points

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Aug 29 23:50:52 CEST 2014

Le 29/08/2014 09:29, Dang, Christophe a écrit :
> Hello,
>
>> De Samuel Gougeon
>> Envoyé : jeudi 28 août 2014 23:59
>>
>> You will need one loop over slices along one of both dimensions.
>> Such a slicing algorithm in an identical situation is used inside members.sci.
> OK, I just overlooked the file but am lazy to read a 400 lines script and prefered to write from scratch (-:
Yes. Actually the algo in members()  defines and runs over multiline
slices, that shortens a lot the number of iterations in the explicit
loop (in order to maximize the vectorized (and so faster) processing of
the bloc/slice), but is more complex to implement.
Since using single lines in the loop already saves a lot of time for
your case, and is enough, simplicity is smarter.

Samuel