[Scilab-users] Trying to use old Scicos file with Xcos

JD Heinzmann JDHeinzmann at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 00:08:44 CET 2014

About 3 years ago I developed a Scicos simulation of a heat engine using
ScicosLab-4.4b8 with Scicos 4.4.  I have just downloaded Scilab 5.4.1 and
would like to run this old simulation under Xcos.

I can open the old .cos file in Xcos and see the blocks and navigate into
the super-block hierarchy just fine.  I can save this block diagram as .xcos
and .zcos files just fine.  I can load the context file into Scilab and run
it to set up the workspace before running the simulation.  But when I try to
run the simulation under Xcos, Scilab and Xcos immediately quits silently
(with no error messages).

Are Scicos files not compatible with Xcos?  If not, what do I need to do to
adjust my model to work with Xcos?

Thank you!

JD