[Scilab-users] SaveAndExecuteFileAction -> ChangeDirectoryAndSaveAndExecuteFileAction

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Fri Feb 14 17:08:31 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I would like to add a new button / new action to Scinotes that behaves
in a slightly different way than the 'F5 Save and execute'.
Basically, I would like to first change to the directory of the file
before executing it:
     1) Change to the directory that contains the file active in
scinotes (the from which I launch the action).
     2) Save the file.
     3) Execute the file.

Is that possible without dissecting org.scilab.modules.scinotes.jar ?
As an alternative, if someone knows a way to guess from within a script
file the path to the said script, that would also do the trick.
(and no, 'get_absolute_file_path' does not work as the script file is
not necessarily opened in scilab)

Antoine