[Scilab-users] Linking DLL from MS Visual C++ to SciLab.

aweeks at hidglobal.com aweeks at hidglobal.com
Fri Feb 21 12:00:25 CET 2014

Hello All,

I can create a DLL using Microsoft Visual C++ and I can link to the
exported functions in SciLab using 'link' and then call them using 'call'.
If I understand correctly, the exported functions have to return void and
pass values through the argument list pointers.

I have a third-party DLL that I would like to use in SciLab and where the
functions return types other than void.
The more elegant method would seem to be to use the API_Scilab gateway to
interface to the exported functions.

Can I / how do I link a DLL (compiled in Visual C++) to SciLab at the
'ilib_build' stage ?

(SciLab 5.4.0, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Visual C++ 2008 Express).

Many thanks in anticipation.

 Adrian Weeks
 Development Engineer

 HID Global,