[Scilab-users] To find maximum value in a random curve

jasper van baten jasper at amsterchem.com
Thu Feb 20 09:31:49 CET 2014

You could determine the coefficients of a cubic spline, then determine
analytically the extrema and inflection points on the cubic equation
that defines each interval (there where the roots of the parabolic that
is the first order derivative of the cubic are within the interval).

See here for setting up the spline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spline_interpolation

Best wishes,

Jasper.