[Scilab-users] finding similar values with scilab

samaelkreutz mariajovera at icloud.com
Sat Feb 22 15:01:07 CET 2014

Is the second option...
with a for cycle im calling the files... I have about 2,000 files each one
with hundred of lines. And yep... I manipulate the files with awk, at the
beginning I was programming with bash the process becomes slow and two...
(it takes about half hour, ok is not so much... but for me it is). And
second...  I need eliminate the outliers, because if a take a random file
and compute the mean and std, the mean is so sensitive to extreme values and
sometimes those values aren representative. I have to eliminate them and
recalculate the process again without that outlier and test again... is
coefficient std/mean less that 0.4 ?? if not, find again other outlier,
eliminate and repeat the process again and so on until the coefficient  is
0.4 or less. Save the information required (mean, std, coefficient,) into
matrix and then take the following text file repeat the process before and
save the results in the matrix. At the end of the process I pretend obtain a
representative matrix with the information of all my text files.

As a user posted here, I think the modified Thompson Tau method sounds
great... I think I'm going to try this... seriously I never though that
statistics were useful  until my thesis obviously...     =/