[Scilab-users] Plotting density values

SCHULZ Wolfgang W.Schulz at ove.at
Tue Feb 25 12:55:51 CET 2014

Hello,
I'm asking for an intelligent method to solve the following problem without a for loop.

I have 2 vectors x an y with e.g. 3000 values. The range of x values is between 0 and 360 and the range of y values is between -15 and 15.
I would like to plot the density of individual grid cells for e.g. dx=10, dy=1 and therefore I would need a matrix with 36x30 values where each value corresponds to the number of data points in the cell.

Any idea who I can do that without a for loop?

Thanks a lot
Wolfgang