[Scilab-users] scilab memory usage

Dang, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Mon Jan 6 09:25:41 CET 2014

Dear Stephan,

> De la part de Stephan Schreckenbach
> Envoyé : samedi 4 janvier 2014 23:31
>
> I still wonder if I should script via Excel VBA or scilab.

This is not specific to your problem, but in my company,
we had a problem with VBA backward compatibility.

We had some Excel scripts, and decided to switch to Matlab programs
(unfortunately not Scilab (-;).

This costed us a lot of effort because this was black box scripts,
for people who do not know calculation, so with the need of a clear
and robust interface.

This might be less painfull if you are the only user.

This kind of Microsoft surprise may only happen once every five or
ten years, but yu should keep it in mind.

Best regards.

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer