[Scilab-users] scilab-fortran issues

Eduardo Torrecillas eduardo.torrecillas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 21:01:08 CET 2014

Hello all,

I am very used to dynamic linking scilab and Fortran, and call the external
function by the "call" function in SciLab.

Although, this is the first time I try to send string matrices as fortran
arguments, and I can't get it working. Maybe any of you can please help?

I want to pass a column-vector where each row contains a 4-char string.
Example:

ident=['STR1';'STR2';'STR3';...]

Now the F90 code I'm trying:

subroutine fhdg_dist(napt,ident,ret_val)
implicit none
INTEGER,INTENT(IN)::napt
character(len=4),intent(in),dimension(napt,1)::ident
integer,intent(out)::ret_val

ret_val=0

end subroutine fhdg_dist

the call statement:

[ret_val]=call('fhdg_dist',napt,1,'i',ident,2,'c','out',[1,1],3,'i')

So, even if I'm not trying to use the matrix data, when calling the
external function with this call, I get "incompatible dimensions" message.

Any clues, please?

Regards.

--
Eduardo Torrecillas