[Scilab-users] Bitmap export

Eduardo Torrecillas eduardo.torrecillas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 04:31:52 CET 2014

Hi Stefan,

I am experiencing pretty good results exporting pictures from Scilab as
EPS, using xs2eps().
After that, you can convert the pictures using the linux command convert
(if ImageMagick package is installed).
If you have a large number of pics, you can write a simple shell script to
do that too.

Best regards,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Stefan Du Rietz <sdr at durietz.se> wrote:

> Hi Calixte,
> thank you very much for your comprehensive reply! Now I understand why I
> must either install the proprietary driver (beware!) or use the vectorial
> export. I will probably choose the latter when I want to export a figure to
> be able to use it at my web site.
>
> Best regards
> Stefan
>

> On 2014-01-20 16:15, Calixte Denizet wrote:
> --------------------
>
>  Hi Stefan,
>>
>> Few comments:
>> i) driver(...);xinit(...);...xend(); implies a vectorial export: all
>> the scene is completly drawn vectorialy (so the graphic card driver is
>> not implied in the draw)
>> ii) xs2png(0,...): a memory dump is done and the bitmap is converted
>> into PNG. The GC driver is called to retrieve the data and it seems
>> that this kind of bug is typical to Ubuntu with free driver... the
>> only workaround I know (for the moment ;)) is to switch to the
>> proprietary driver.
>>
>> Calixte
>>
>> On 17/01/2014 00:42, Stefan Du Rietz wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Antoine,

>>> a bug?
>>>
>>> Regards /Stefan

Eduardo Torrecillas