[Scilab-users] Intersection of wavy surfaces

Dang, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Wed Jan 29 16:56:36 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to plot two perpendicular wavy surfaces (sine or cosine)
and their intersection,
to illustrate that an edge cumulates the defaults of both surfaces
(the waves represent the grooves from a milling process).

So, for each surface,
I define three mxm matrices X, Y and Z
and plot with surf().

To fit the surface with the other one,
I place some %nan.

It's OK except that :
* if I have too few points, I get some scale effect;
* if I have too many points, it's too dark (too many grid lines);
see the attached PNG (top: 101x101, bottom: 201x201),
and the Scilab script (maybe not too clean...).

Apart from this, It seems I can't export vector graphhics:
the SVG and PDF files have a size of 0,
and it seems to freeze Scilab
(scilab-master-1380896469).

So:

does anyone have any suggestion to improve the rendering?

Does anyone have a guess about the bug of vector graphic export?

Best regards.

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer