[Scilab-users] bug report on http://wiki.scilab.org/howto/global%20and%20local%20variables

Stefan Du Rietz sdr at durietz.se
Wed Jan 29 20:03:15 CET 2014

On 2014-01-28 18:42, Serge Steer wrote:
--------------------
> Le 28/01/2014 17:14, Adrien Vogt-Schilb a écrit :
>> The page does not mention "pause"
>>
> Just because pause behave similarily to  functions with respect to
> calling context

And you think the fact that it behaves equal to (not similar to)
functions is self-evident?

Of course, I have read help *pause*:

"Switch to the pause mode; inserted in the code of a function, pause
interrupts the execution of the function: one receives a prompt symbol
which indicates the level of the pause (e.g. -1->). The user is then
in a new workspace in which all the lower-level variables (and in
particular all the variable of the function) are available."

I have therefore always thought that the given prompt symbol -1-> was
the level of the function (see the link below), and that I still was
at that level!

Stefan