[Scilab-users] Save hypermatrix in matlab format

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Wed Jul 16 10:00:58 CEST 2014

On 07/15/2014 03:44 PM, Quentin Mazué wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to saved an hypermatrix of dimension 3 with the command :
>
> savematfile("myMatrix.mat",'MyMatrix','-v7');
> MyMatrix is full of Integer, no string.
>
> However Scilab returns the following error : (in french sorry)
>
> -error 999
> GetMlistVariable : Les Mlistes de type hm n'ont pu être transformées en
> fichiers binaires Matlab.
> at line     300 of function savematfile called by :
> savematfile("myMatrix_mat.mat",'MyMatrix','-v7');
> at line      19 of exec file called by :
> exec('L:\Mes
> documents\Test_Scilab\Bugs_Questions\Hypermatrix\SaveHm_matFile.sce', -1)
>

> Is there any mean to save hypermatrix in .mat or not? Or is it really a bug?
Hi Quentin,

I think hypermat are just mlist, so the error message makes sense.
But you are right, this is a bug:
- either you should be able to save any kind of variable with savematfile,
- or the help page 'help savematfile' should mention this limitation for
hypermatrices (I checked, it does not).

Could you report a bug on bugzilla with a small test script that
triggers the bug?

As for you problem, can't you do it the other way round?
Save your hypermat in the new *.sod format (which is a hdf5 container)
and open it with matlab using the hdf5 import functions that are usually
quite good?

Hopes it helps,

Antoine