[Scilab-users] Scilab analoge displays

Philipp Mühlmann p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 00:00:03 CEST 2014

I uploaded a new version of the tachometer display.

It does not require a background image anymore, so it's plain scilab code.

The code can be found here:

https://fileexchange.scilab.org/toolboxes/312000/2.0

The coding might be a little "from behind through the eyes" as a say
goes...I guess there is a far more elegant solution...maybe it would
be better to use polarplot() from the beginning...but so far it seems
to work.

Since the code deals with a figure() now, it should be possible to
integrate it into a GUI.

Comments and Reviews are appreaciated.
Greetings,
Philipp

> Hi Mehran,
>
> in fact I do agree. Knobs and displays like you showed would be really nice.
>
> Greetings,
> Philipp

> Lists Archives] <[hidden email]>:
>

>> Hi Philipp;
>>
>> I've not tried out your code yet but it seems to be a solution to what I
>> currently wanna do. I agree that analogue displays are rare in Scilab and
>> moreover, there is the same tragedy for analogue inputs. Although we can
>> use
>> slider-style uicontrol in linear cases, there is no option in rotary
>> cases.
>>
>> So I'm sure you'll agree that the addition of a new uicontrol style is
>> definitely necessary (As I posted here:

>> Regards,
>> Mehran
>> _