[Scilab-users] createWindow and uicontrol

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 19:16:28 CEST 2014

Hi there

My prevoius email didn't get a really good answer, so I try again - to
get partially a good answer:

f = createWindow();

The new method probably has its advantages, but the Scilab manual
doesn't really explain... can anybody explain to me?

Can you use the same uicontrol commands with both methods?
(can I use examples found on the internet using "figure" and just
replace figure with createWindow?).

It seems to me that the examples in the createWindow gives uicontrol
some inputs named "units" - "normalized" - etc. - which are not present
when looking at old figure() examples.

My next question will be, how do I create a uicontrol which accepts a
string input (as I need 2 of those). The uicontrol documentation says
the "Edit" style will do that, but how?

/Claus

---