[Scilab-users] SIVP 0.5.3 on OSX 10.9.2 (scilab 5.4.1)

kootsoop kootsoop+scilab at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 22:38:10 CET 2014

I am trying to install the latest version of SIVP on a mac.

I have the OpenCV installation from port.

However, when I try to run the builder.sce I get:

-->exec('builder.sce')

-->mode(-1);
Building macros...
-- Creation of [SIVPlib] (Macros) --
Building gateway...
0.0) is needed for compiling SIVP."))
                                      !--error 10000
OpenCV (version >= 1.0.0) is needed for compiling SIVP.
at line      69 of exec file called by :

at line      13 of function tbx_builder called by :
at line      49 of function tbx_builder_gateway_lang called by :
tbx_builder_gateway_lang(languages, sci_gateway_dir);
at line       6 of exec file called by :

at line      13 of function tbx_builder called by :
at line      32 of function tbx_builder_gateway called by :
tbx_builder_gateway(toolbox_dir);
at line      34 of exec file called by :
exec('builder.sce')

which implies that SIVP cannot find the OpenCV installation.

Looking at the SIVP.start file in

/Applications/scilab-5.4.1.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/contrib/sivp-0.5.3/etc

I see that there are options for linking on Linux and on Windows, but not
"Darwin" (which getos() returns on OSX).

Does anyone have any idea what the right format for SIVP.start would be for
OSX?  And whether this would fix the builder issue?

Any pointers appreciated!