[Scilab-users] Figure window with slow GUI:s

Stefan Du Rietz sdr at durietz.se
Fri Mar 28 20:37:33 CET 2014

Once again ;-( Please replace my last mail with this one.

Hello,
I had a figure with 2 axes, menus, and several GUI:s.
I created temporary new GUI:s from the menus, which was extremely slow
on not very powerful computers (Win 7 and Xubuntu).

I also tried to just change the "visible" property of the GUI:s, but
that made no difference (at least not a noticeable one).

When I made a separate window for the menus and GUI:s (like in Scilab
4!), it all became much faster.

1. Why?

2. If I must have two separate windows, I would like to dock them. How
can I do that?

Regards
Stefan