[Scilab-users] [ANN]: Scipad-8.72

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 30 15:20:35 CEST 2014

Dear Francois,

I have installed Scipad 8.72 on Scilab 5.4.1 Win 7.
I have followed the instructions and there were no error messages to report.
However, I would like to share some issues faced when running Scipad:

(1) Scilab menu: Applications  > SciNotes, launches  Scipad instead of
SciNotes. Is this normal?

(2) Scipad creates system instability that there was not present with
SciNotes: when leaving my interactive Scilab programs and returning to the
Scilab Console, the prompt is not accessible (something seems to be flashing
at bottom). Scilab Console > Control > Abort or Interrupt does not return
the prompt (neither does CTRL+C). I can exit Scipad but the Scilab Console
prompt is still not available. I have to kill Scilab (WScilex.exe) on Win 7
Task Manager.

I would like to know if other users have faced similar problems?

Finally:

(3) Could you please highlight some of the key advantages of using Scipad
instead of SciNotes?

PS:
It would be useful to have in Scipad a navigation panel allowing a quicker
switch between each of the Scilab "project" scripts opened. In SciNotes we
have a multitude of TABs but they are cumbersome when too many files are
opened, with risk of closing the file instead of selecting it.

Thanks and regards

Rafael Guerra