[Scilab-users] FFT doubt

andre.regis13 at gmail.com andre.regis13 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 20:34:42 CEST 2014

Dear colleagues,

I have two functions f1(x) and f2(x). Using the following formula:​

to calculate the results, get: 5.125[units].

I tried to calculate separately by F1=fft(f1) , F2=fft(f2) and then multiply stems one by one and adding the results. I found two problems:

1 - I have been used Hamming window to minimize noise. The amplitude of each signal changes and the final results too;

2 - When I change the number of samples, the results change too.

None the results in 1 or 2 are igual or close to 5.125 (this is right).

What am I doing wrong?

Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot.

_______