[Scilab-users] plot histogram from weighted data

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Mon May 12 15:07:46 CEST 2014

On 12/05/2014 03:25, Dang, Christophe wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> De la part de Adrien Vogt-Schilb
>> Envoyé : jeudi 8 mai 2014 23:44
>>
>> I've got weighted data and i'd like to plot an histogram
> You are a talented scilaber so I guess you already digged in the usual sources.
>
> Maybe you can cheat on your favorite software and use R.
> There seem to be several packages to do this, such as
>
> weights
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/weights/weights.pdf
>
> plotrix
> http://svitsrv25.epfl.ch/R-doc/library/plotrix/html/weighted.hist.html
>
> ggplot2
> http://docs.ggplot2.org/0.9.3.1/geom_histogram.html

Ha ha
ggplot2 is my workaround right now.
Actually i then decided to switch to python, so i am now trying to do
this with matplotlib.

Anyway, i'm still interested on a way to do this in Scilab, and I
actually believe it should be implemented in histplot

Adrien

--
Adrien Vogt-Schilb
Consultant (World Bank) and PhD Candidate (Cired)