[Scilab-users] Displaying large amount of text outside the Scilab console

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Mon May 12 20:05:12 CEST 2014

Hi

I would export it with *csvWrite *then open it with an editor. on
windows you can even use *winopen *to open it with the defautl editor.
on all platforms you can use *editor *to open files in editor.
*write *is also a function used to export text to the hard drive, i
believe. but I prefer using csvWrite for everything.

On 12/05/2014 13:30, Rafael Guerra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to properly display a large amount of plain text stored
> in a string variable of size (N,1), i.e. with N text lines of variable
> length, outside the Scilab console window?
>
> For instance, is it possible to issue Scilab command to display the text
> variable in one of Scinotes or Scipad tabs?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Rafael G.

Adrien Vogt-Schilb
Consultant (World Bank) and PhD Candidate (Cired)
1 202 473 7980