[Scilab-users] Bicycle Dynamics

Dang, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Wed May 14 11:16:15 CEST 2014

> it seems to me it should be
> mg*l*cos(theta) - (mv^2/r)*l*sin(theta)
> and not the contrary.
>
> Or?

Or not.
Sorry, you're right, I messed the axes up.
A shame for someone writing "Mechanical calculation engineer" in his signature ;-)

So, your calculation seems globally right.

Now, your question "If anyone could confirm that the model seems to be realistic/ or correct" is not obvious:
I ride my bike everyday to go to work, and if I have a pulse in the steering angle, I correct it with my balance...

Not sure 'bout what I'm saying (and I wrote enough silly things yet), but once delta goes back to 0, r is back to infinity (straight movement),
so what you should see is the biker falling.

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer