[Scilab-users] How to mantain the xcos superblock when generating code from it?

Andrea Amorosi andrea.amorosi76 at gmail.com
Mon May 19 23:49:35 CEST 2014

Hi to all,
I do not have a great experience with scilab and none at all with xcos,
however having more than 8 years of expertise with matlab\simulink I'm
trying to use xcos to see if and how it can generate code from a model.
So I've created a very simple model (2 input ports, a sum block and an
output port). Then I've created the superblock selecting the sum one and
I've configured the inputs ports to be scalar ones. Finally I've
selected the superblock and I've created code from it.
Now the problem for me is that apparently it has erased the original
xcos block and has created a new block which calls the c code generate
from it.
If I do the same thing in simulink (namely if I create an sfunction of a
block), it creates a new block in a new model without erasing the
simulink original one.
The problem with the way xcos generates code from a block is that in
case the model is a very complicated one and the user creates code from
it, he loses the possibility to modify the xcos block since at the end
he has only the c code.
Is it the way it should behave? Is it possible to configure xcos so that
not to erase the original block? Am I doing something wrong?