[Scilab-users] How to get SIVP working with Scilab on the Mac?

mstoth michael at virtualpianist.com
Sat May 31 14:07:12 CEST 2014

I may have put this on the wrong list originally, perhaps someone here can
help?

atoms has SIVP on Windows but not on Mac for some reason.

Trying to go through the steps to install SIVP is not working for me on the
mac.

You need opencv to compile SIVP.
If you install opencv with macports, you get the following error

ilib_compile: An error occurred during the compilation:
In file included from camshift.c:20:
In file included from ./common.h:45:
In file included from /opt/local/include/opencv/cvaux.h:54:
/opt/local/include/opencv2/video/background_segm.hpp:47:10: fatal error:
'list' file not found
#include <list>
         ^

What you see above is the result of running exec('builder.sce') in the sivp
directory in Scilab.

I have searched the web for this problem and found a couple of references
but no solution yet.

If you don't use macports to install opencv and use cmake, Scilab won't
locate it in the default directory which is /usr/local/bin lib, etc.

Then you just get a message about how you need to install opencv.

If anyone knows how to enjoy the SIVP experience on the Mac, I'd love to
know.

Many Thanks,
Michael