[Scilab-users] 3d interpolation griddata

simond simondaout at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 22:40:47 CET 2014

Hi,
I am trying to convert a matlab code using griddata. Unfortunately, I havent
succeed to solve the problem with the available scilal functions
(linear_interpn, interpd..).

I have a data set of disordered points (x,y,z), with x,y the position, and z
the elevation. I m trying to interpolate all this points to create a 3d
digital elevation model.

1) I create a meshgrid
xx=min(x):1:max(x)
yy=min(y):1:max(y)
[xy,yx]=meshgrid(xx,yy)

2) I would like to interpolate all the elevation points z for my new grid
(xy,yx) such as
xy,yx,zz=griddata(x,y,z,xy,yx)
But i cannot find the scilab equivalence...

Thank you very much for your response.
Simon