[Scilab-users] Read .csv from labview

COIEngineer ecarlson at consensusortho.com
Thu Oct 9 18:01:36 CEST 2014

Using the header instead of the range seems to have solved the problem. Thank you for your help!

Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 12:31 AM
To: Evan Carlson
Subject: Re: Read .csv from labview

Hello,

> De COIEngineer
> Envoyé : mercredi 8 octobre 2014 17:56
>
> aa = csvRead(path,[],[],"double",[],[],[8 1 9000 3]);
>
> Warning: Inconsistency found in the columns. At line 2, found 2 columns while the previous had 4.

You correctly ignore the 7 lines of the header.
However, I have the feeling that the error message referes to the first 2 lines of the file, and not the lines of the data.

Indeed, there ares three commas in the first line of the header (i.e. 4 col)
and only one in the 2nd line.

This seems to be an error (I didn't try myself),
and you may report it in bugzilla.

As a workaround, did you try "header" parameter, which tells the number of lines to ignore?

HTH

Regards

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer

NAML <http://mailinglists.scilab.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>