[Scilab-users] Java System.err.println Messages not displayed in Scilab Console

Joo Cat joodlink at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 10:05:01 CEST 2014

I was trying out Example 1 in Getting Started - Beginning under Java from Scilab. The Scilab that I was using was 5.5.1 32bit.

Compiling and importing the Java code was not a problem. I was able to create a HelloWorld object as well.
However,
 I did not get the "HelloWorld constructed!" message on the Scilab
console that should appear when creating the object. When I try to
invoke the object's method using jinvoke(object, 'message') , the "Hello
 world!" does not appear as well.

I tried doing the other examples. Similarly, the System.err.println messages are not being displayed.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?