[Scilab-users] Problem with partial fraction decomposition (dfss)

Tin Nguyen nguyenthientin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 12:07:15 CEST 2014

Dear Serge Steer,
Thank you very much for your response. Your code works fine.
However, I still have some problem with this pfss function. For example, I
try to decompose a fractional polynomial that has multi-order poles.
H(z) = 1  /  { (1-s)^2 * (1+s) }

You can find following from my console:
-->s = poly(0,'s');

-->h = 1 / ( (1 + s) * (1 - s)^2)
 h  =

          1
    -------------
                 2   3
    1 - s - s + s

-->pf = pfss(h, 1/%eps)
 pf  =

       pf(1)

    - 9420237.9
    -------------
  - 1.0000000 + s

       pf(2)

    9420237.6
    ---------
    - 1 + s

       pf(3)

    0.25
    ----
    1 + s

I also checked:
-->pf(1)+pf(2)
 ans  =

    0.75 - 0.25s
                     2
     1 - 2s + s

I have no idea about this situation.
Can you help me out! Thank you in advance!

--Tin Nguyen