[Scilab-users] Pairwise distance of a huge amount of points

Dang, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Mon Sep 1 09:23:17 CEST 2014

Hello,

This is not the case, but I keep your advice in mind.
Tree algorithms are often an elegant and efficient way to solve problems,
but are less intuitive to me so I don't thin about them first.

More generally speaking, I should keep in mind maybe to ask more general questions
(i.e. presenting the problem to be solved instead of a solution used to solve it).

In my case, I have coordinates of points of an elastic body obtained by finite elemnts analysis.

The absolute elongation should be below a given value
(this is imho not a relevant criterion, but that's the way it is),
so I compute the difference of pairwise distances and look for the greater one.

Anyway, tha,ks for the tip.

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer