[Scilab-users] "scilab cannot open jvm library" with call_scilab,windows7,vs2010

quantparis at numericable.fr quantparis at numericable.fr
Sun Sep 21 17:57:28 CEST 2014

Hello

I am trying to run call_scilab on windows 7, visual studio 2010Pro
the version used is 5.5.0 64bits

compile with the include in core,api_scilab,call_scilab
and link with api_scilab.lib and call_scilab.lib
the compile/link are ok but the code :

if (StartScilab(NULL, NULL, NULL) == FALSE) {
    cout << "Error while calling StartScilab" << endl;
}

gives in execution ""scilab cannot open jvm library"

with the following code it's the same thing
if (StartScilab("C:/Program Files/scilab-5.5.0/bin", NULL, 0) == FALSE) {
    cout << "Error while calling StartScilab" << endl;
}

I try to set a link to another java "c:\Program Files\Java\jre7" with the same
message

I don't know what to do as I am using the binary version of scilab,
a message says "that I must report the bug", scilab works well with it's own interface
I am not sure it's really a bug

Thank you in advance for suggestion/solution

Pascal