[Scilab-users] Grocer: Estimation of a Sequence of States

dnayak dnayak at ncsu.edu
Wed Apr 1 19:05:24 CEST 2015

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the information. However, after going through the function
ms_var_oos, I feel it runs the Markov-switching VAR model estimated over
one period of time on another period and compares the results.

However, I need a function that will estimate for me the sequence of
regimes/states that the data goes through. So, what I need is to first
estimate the parameters for the Markov-switching VAR model, i.e. train the
model on a time-series data set X and then use the same parameters to
estimate the regimes that every instant of X falls into. For example, it
should give me something like - 1. Data for time instant 1 falls in Regime
2; 2. Data for time instant 2 falls in Regime 4; and so on.

Can Grocer do that?

Thanks,
Deb