[Scilab-users] Outputting a "continuous" sound with Scilab

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Fri Apr 24 16:31:10 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use Scilab to generate a soundwave with a given frequency
and output it continuously.
Basically, I'd like to get a simple "software-based" function generator:
a slider to set the frequency and the sound being played continuously in
the background.
Is this possible in Scilab?
I'm fine with the gui & callback part, but for sound output 'playsnd'
and 'sound' do not seem to be able to loop over a given sample without
any gap.

Any suggestion or alternative software I could use?

Cheers,

Antoine