[Scilab-users] Symbolic computation in Scilab

Pablo Fonovich pablo_f_7 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 16 17:55:44 CEST 2015

Hi:
First of all... scilab latest stable version is 5.5.2, not 5.3... i asked this to you cause i wasn't able to install scimax in scilab 5.5.2 so i could not try your script...

Then, i think that the output you are getting is just the summation... let's take a look to the output of x1:

First you have the 7 scale factor, then, the "=" , "/", and "\" form the symbol of a summation, from n=0 to %inf... then... inside of it you have 0.33^n/(z^n)... so what scilab did was writing the summation in a symbolic way... It does that cause that summation is not always convergent i think.. Perhaps you can see it if we write tha same like this:

     %inf
    \       0.33
    /      z
   ====
     n = 0

If you could somhow specify that |z|>0.33 before doing the summation, but i don't know how to do it on scimax... If you try with maxima alone the result is ok..

If i can install scimax in scilab 5.5.2 i will try to solve this problem you are having