[Scilab-users] License agreement question

Benjamin Rentschler benjaminr1800 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 00:17:43 CET 2015

To Whom it may Concern,

I was reading through the Scilab licensing agreement for version 5.5.1
and I came across the statement below.

"In this respect, the risks associated with loading, using, modifying
and/or developing or reproducing the software by the user are brought to
the user's attention, given its Free Software status, which may make it
complicated to use, with the result that its use is reserved for
developers and experienced professionals having in-depth computer
knowledge."

Normally I would not consider myself to be a developer or an
experienced computer professional with in depth computer knowledge.
However, since I would like to use Scilab to assist me with projects,
I was wondering if I fit under this definition as stated in the
agreement.

Thanks for you time,
Benjamin