[Scilab-users] Problem obtaining Dirac delta function in Xcos

nikolay n.strelkov at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 18:23:47 CET 2015

Hello Scilab users!

I have a problem with simple Xcos diagram.
I'm trying to get Dirac delta function as a derivative of Step function.

Xcos diagram is in attachment ( dirac_problem.zcos
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/n4031722/dirac_problem.zcos>  ).
I use the following blocks:

    CLOCK_c
    ENDBLK (final simulation time is 2)
    CLINDUMMY_f
    STEP_FUNCTION (step time 1.0, initial value 0, final value 1)
    DERIV
    DIFF_f
    scifunc_block_m (with y1=diff(u1) function inside)
    CMSCOPE
    3 TOWS_c for saving results to workspace (step, dirac1 and dirac3).

If I manually do diff(step) I get expected Dirac function.
If I replace STEP_FUNCTION with RAMP (slope 1, start time 1, initial value
0) I get expected results - plot of Heaviside function (see  ramp.zcos
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/n4031722/ramp.zcos>  ).

Can anybody help me?
What is the correct way to obtain Dirac delta function in XCos?

With best regards,
maintainer and developer of Mathieu functions toolbox for Scilab,
IEEE member, Ph.D.,
Nikolay Strelkov.