[Scilab-users] write permission

grivet grivet at cnrs-orleans.fr
Thu Feb 19 12:19:32 CET 2015

Hello,
During the last year, I have been creating animations with Scilab (5.4.1
and lately 5.5.0 under Win7).

Suddenly yesterday, my program failed with the error message
     xs2gif(gcf(),nomf);
                     !--error 999
xs2gif : Impossible de créer le fichier d'exportation, permission refusée.

I checked that I could write into the relevant directory using
notepad++, LibreOffice and other software.
I switched back to Scilab 5.4.1 and met the same problem.
I tried programs that used to work and they failed with the same error
message.

Any idea on the cause and cure of this problem ?
Thanks in advance
JP Grivet