[Scilab-users] New to Scilab and having issue with function I've written

tim at wescottdesign.com tim at wescottdesign.com
Sat Jan 3 06:50:56 CET 2015

On 2015-01-02 20:47, Robin Seibel wrote:
> I wrote the following function:
>
> function [x]=isprime(num)
>  vect=factor(num);
>  if length(vect)==1 then
>  x=1;
>  else
>  x=0;
>  end
>
> endfunction
>
> I am getting the following output:
>
> -->isprime(25411588)
>
>  0.
>  ans =
>
>  0.
>
> Why am I getting output twice, or in other words how can I suppress
> the first zero reported in the command window?

Hey Robin:

I just tried this, and I'm not getting that behavior.  In over a decade
of using Scilab, I haven't seen that behavior.  So I'm not good for much
help.

Two things that you can try, however, are:

1: If you haven't yet, try it again, in case the Evil Computer Gods have
been messing with your head.  Maybe close Scilab and open it again.

2: Tell us what Scilab version you're using, as well as what OS.  For
your Scilab version, type getversion (e.g. mine is Scilab-5.5.1).  This
won't help me help you, but it may help someone smarter than me help
you.