[Scilab-users] installing latest scilab (5.5.1) version on udoo

pkk patrickkohl at gmx.de
Sat Jan 10 01:02:38 CET 2015

HI there - thx for your replies.

so I've tried to compile Scilab from the source file aswell as the
prerequirements.
To deal with the dependancies, after using sudo apt-get update I tried sudo
apt-get build-dep scilab.

So far so good , then installed gfortran, java jdk 1.8 (as described in Udoo
FAQ).

Then added the line deb-src http://ports.ubuntu.com/ precise main restricted
universe multiverse
in /etc/apt/sources.list

sudo apt-get update again

now ./configure wants to see jogl installed.

Any ideas here - can't get it to work.

as you can see I'm a complete novice in linux&udoo.

Thanks.