[Scilab-users] Linking xcos and scilab GUI variables

Neelkant neel.nitt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 20:21:36 CET 2015

Hello,

I have a GUI with an editbox and a push button and a xcos file with a basic
transfer function( say K/(s+1).

I want the number typed in the editbox during runtime to be stored in a
variable 'K' which is used in a transfer function block in xcos. I call this
xcos file from the GUI code.

I dont know how to save a variable from a scinotes file(GUI code) to the
base workspace of scilab ( Only then can it be used in the xcos file i guess
..) . in matlab, I can save variables into base workspace using assignin() .
How can i do it in scilab ?

Or is there any other method to transfer variables between scilab GUi and
xcos ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards
Neel