[Scilab-users] Scilab 6.0.0 alpha1: Carriage return's ascii code <> 32

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 31 10:28:25 CEST 2015

Dear Scilabers,

I have filled a bug report  Bug# 14020, to indicate different behavior compared to previous version:

  // In Scilab 6.0.0 alpha1, carriage return's ascii code is not defined:
  str=input("(Hit Enter):",'string');
  ascii(str)
  ans  =    (empty)

   // While in Scilab 5.2.2, carriage return return in input returned space with ascii code (32):
   str=input("(Hit Enter):",'string');
   ascii(str)
   ans  =  32.

(If I am not mistaken, the ascii code of Carriage Return is 13)

How should we write code to detect carriage return in Scilab 6.0?
Shall we use from now on: isempty(str)?

Thanks and regards,

Rafael