[Scilab-users] equivalent to eigs in scilab

Pierre-Aimé Agnel pierre-aime.agnel at scilab-enterprises.com
Thu Jun 11 01:13:42 CEST 2015

Hello,

You can use the eigs routine from ARPACK
http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.5.2/en_US/eigs.html

An example

A  =  sprand(1000,  1000,  0.02,  "normal");  // creates a random sparse matrix of size 1000 x 1000 and density 0.02
[d,  v]  =  eigs(A,  [],  10,  "SM");  // computes the 10 smallest eigenvalues of A

Hope it helps,

Le 10/06/2015 23:11, paul.carrico at free.fr a écrit :
> Dear All
>
> I get a Matlab file and I would like to know what is the equivalent to
>
> Matlab:
> n = 6;
> [u,v]=eigs(K,M,n,'SM'); // where K and U and 2 sparse matrix
>                          //'SM' means Smallest for my understanting -> looking for the 6th lower eigen values, isn't it ?
>
> Scilab:
> Spec or bdiag seems to be equivalent, but I failed in using them
>
> How should I to proceed ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

Pierre-Aimé Agnel
R&D Projects Manager
Phone:  +33.1.80.77.04.67
Mobile: +33.6.82.49.35.23
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.68
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com