[Scilab-users] Issue with graphic interface

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Mar 30 21:13:26 CEST 2015

Thanks Christophe:

Le 30/03/2015 17:31, Dang, Christophe a écrit :
> Brought back to the list so everybody can contribute

Here is the complete way to reproduce and identify the 2 bugs:

clf
subplot(2,1,1)
plot2d()
xgrid()
legend("1","2","3")
subplot(2,1,2)
plot(-1:1)
legend("1")
xgrid()  // the legend background is opaque. It clips the grid

// click right on the green curve above: select COPY
// go to the bottom axes, and paste the curve
// See the Legend handle:
ax  =  gca();
ax.children(2)
// It is 2nd position since the copied curve has been inserted afterwards (as children(1))

// Then, to update the legend, still for the bottom axes,
// - click right on the green curve: select Legends =>  Insert, and type"Test"
// =>  Here, the legend's background becomes transparent and lets the grid appearing.
// Why? Look at the axes children:
ax.children
// The legend block is now children(1), and its fill_mode is"off".

So: There are here 2 bugs:
a) the legends handle should not change
b) the fill_mode should not be set to "off". By the way, the default is
conveniently to "on". So it is not a default's issue.

David, could you fill a bug report (i guess, only one)?

Samuel