[Scilab-users] New computer, graphics(?) crashes

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Fri May 29 02:28:28 CEST 2015

I upgraded to the 14.04 HWE, and now I can't show a graph at all.

I can change the problems that I get, but basically I start Scilab and
get:

 libEGL warning: Could not open
driver /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/egl/egl_gallium.so
(/usr/local/share/scilab-5.5.1/lib/thirdparty/libgcc_s.so.1: version
`GCC_4.7.0' not found (required
by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/egl/egl_gallium.so))
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open swrast (search
paths /usr/lib/fglrx/dri:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open swrast (search
paths /usr/lib/fglrx/dri:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open swrast (search
paths /usr/lib/fglrx/dri:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri:/usr/lib/dri)

At this point I try to open a graph (plot2d(1:10)), the graph window
opens, and Scilab freezes.

--

Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com