[Scilab-users] How to plot frequency spectrum in Xcos for Scilab Version 5.5.2(64 bit)

Nikolay Strelkov n.strelkov at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 21:48:28 CET 2015

Dear Parthageet Samantaray!

You are right about PSPECSCOPE_с
<http://www.scicos.org/ScicosModNum/modnum_web/src/modnum_43b/interf/scicos/help/eng/htm/PSPECSCOPE_c.htm>
in Modnum toolbox. For now it is available only for ScicosLab
<http://www.scicos.org/downloads.html>.
There is a project from Peter Fabo for porting Modnum to modern Scilab (see
here <http://wiki.tntech.eu/index.php?title=Xcos_Modnum> and in the mail
list
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-Modnum-amp-Xcos-td4027491.html>
).

I prefer to use Scilab with Xcos, so I suggest the following solution
(tested on 5.5.2 x64):
1. Create Xcos model with variables - see *sine.xcos*
2. Create Scilab script file for launching Xcos model and plotting result
as function of time and frequency (with built-in FFT function) - see
*sine_launcher.sce*
3. Launch *sine_launcher.sce* and it will simulate Xcos model and plot FFT
for it

Hope this helps.

With best regards,
maintainer and developer of Mathieu functions toolbox
<http://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/Mathieu/> for Scilab,
IEEE member, Ph.D.,
Nikolay Strelkov.

С уважением, к.т.н.,
ассистент кафедры Основ радиотехники ИРЭ
им. В.А. Котельникова НИУ "МЭИ", член IEEE,
Стрелков Н.О.