[Scilab-users] Problem with Xcos FMU wrapper 0.6

Dr.Umut Durak umut.durak at tu-clausthal.de
Sun Nov 29 17:35:53 CET 2015

Hi all,

We are recently working on integrating FMUs (co-simulation) from Scilab into
our real-time simulation framework 2Simulate
(https://www.researchgate.net/publication/271963197_2Simulate_A_Distributed_Real-Time_Simulation_Framework?ev=prf_pub
), in order to exercise the suitability of FMI for (Scilab/Xcos) model
integration for real time flight simulators (you can find more information
about our model integration work for Matlab in
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/266205585_Model_Integration_Workflow_for_Keeping_Models_up_to_Date_in_a_Research_Simulator?ev=prf_pub
). As the first step, we are trying to develop a simle standalone
application for simulating an FMU using VC++,  basically inspired from
QTronic SDK
(http://www.qtronic.de/en/fmusdk.html). We exported some sample FMUs for
Co-Simulation from Xcos SCILAB using fmu-wrapper-0.6
(http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/fmu-wrapper/). The problem we are
facing is that the exported FMU can only be imported in Xcos. In VC++, it
gives me an error stated that "couldn't load xxx.dll". We tried to import
the FMU using OpenModelica, but it also fails with the same problem, the DLL
file. In the module documentation it is mentioned that Scilab must be
installed because the shared library use some dependencies, but it's already
installed.
Again, according to the module description, the FMU should work fine in
other tools, but we failed to achieve it. Any one has an example VC++ FMU
master? We are then willing to prepare a tutorial and add it to  fmu-wrapper
documentation.

Dr.Umut Durak

Adjunct Lecturer
TU Clausthal Institute of Informatics
Model-based Systems Analysis and Simulation Department
https://www.in.tu-clausthal.de/en/divisions/model-based-systems-analysis-and-simulation/members/drumut-durak/

Research Scientist
DLR e.V. Institute of Flight Systems
Flight Dynamics and Simulation Department
Phone +49 531 295-2907 | umut.durak at dlr.de
www.DLR.de/ft | de.linkedin.com/in/umutdurak

Upcoming Book:
Distributed Simulation: A Model Driven Engineering Approach
Topçu, O., Durak, U., Oğuztüzün, H., Yilmaz, L.
http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319030494

Upcomming Conferences and Workshops:
6th International Workshop on Model-driven Approaches for Simulation
Engineering (MOD4SIM’16)
Ontologies in Simulation Special Interest Track of Annual Simulation
Symposium (ANSS)