[Scilab-users] setmemory() <= Re: Reintroducing stacksize on Scilab 6 ? was (Re: multiple element by element between large matrix and vector)

Simon Marchetto simon.marchetto at scilab-enterprises.com
Thu Oct 1 14:39:29 CEST 2015

Le 30/09/2015 16:04, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
>  In a practical way, what can be noticed is that when using a lot of
> graphics in Scilab -- like for image processing --, some java
> exceptions can be avoided by increasing the size of the java heap.

Before increasing the Java heap, one should wonder if the needed graphic
or the image processing really has to use so much memory:
- Is the design of this image processing good ?
- Do this graphic really need millions of vertices or points ?
Because you can't always increase the memory, or/and the data could get
even bigger than you thought. So you increase the memory only when the
design can't be changed. Easy to say than done, I admit :-)

Simon