[Scilab-users] absolute size of figure

grivet grivet at cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri Oct 2 12:28:06 CEST 2015

Hello,
I have a problem with the size in pixels of figures produced by Scilab
(5.5.1 under Win7).  I use xs2gif to record figures on disk; these are
later incorporated in an animation. My application requires that the
picture size be not larger than 800*600 pixels. How is the actual size
determined by Scilab ?
If I use the statements
          hf = gcf();
          hf.figure_size=[1000,400];
I find that the resulting size is not exactly 1000*400 but somewhat
smaller in both dimensions. This is a bit annoying since the aspect
ratio is altered.
In some programs, I use xsetech to select either of two subwindows. How
should I proceed to fix the overall size?
Thank you for any help.
Cheers,
JP Grivet*