[Scilab-users] Faster PWM signal

Michael Greenish greanie at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 18:53:35 CEST 2015

Hello,
I am modeling an electrical circuit.  I have a voltage across an inductor being switched on the ground side.  I am generating a pwm using a sawtooth genartor as shown by the attached image.  In my circuit, my PWM switches at 50kHz.  When if I set the sawtooth generator period to > 0.025, the results look as expected on the graphs.  If the sawtooth generate period is < 0.025, the results are flat; the system can't seem to calculate at that interval.  The period on the timer attached to the scope is 0.0001.

I am only at 25ms, I need to get to 0.02 ms to match my real-life circuit.  Is there a limit of the system I am running into or do I have a parameter wrong?
Thanks,
Mike Greenish